Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Bibimbap

I do try to be creative with the titles of my posts (although I normally fail in that regard), but I couldn't help but use the name of a dish for this one. I love this word, "bibimbap"! Try saying this 5 times fast :)

In case you're wondering what the heck "bibimbap" is, which I did when I first saw it on the menu at Wasabi Grill, it's a traditional Korean dish. According to Wikipedia (!), it literally means "mixed meal." Cashew and I got the seafood bibimbap, so we had a few types of fresh sashimi mixed in with white rice and veggies. It's almost like freestyle sushi, thus really light. However, typical of Asian cooking, it wasn't lacking in flavor :)

To balance the lightness of the bibimbap, the other dish we ordered was the BBQ beef stir fry . Those Koreans know how to do BBQ, even in a stir fry form... The meat was incredibly tasty and tender. The only way it could have been better if it was on the bone, as part of spare ribs ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment