Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Warming up

This sounds crazy, but there was still snow and ice in Atlanta a week after it originally fell. Thankfully, the temperatures are above freezing now. Everyone's mood is also warming, and people are enjoying the outdoors again after a week of cabin fever.

Last Saturday I met up with several people for dinner. We decided to have Thai food again. Thai food just seems perfect in the cold weather. Well, I think it's perfect in any weather, too :P We went to Noodle in Midtown. It won some distinction from Creative Loafing, but I don't remember the specifics now... Anyway, I was excited to try it. It has a pretty cool interior: long tables for community seating in the middle, booths on the sides. The menu seemed amazing when you read through it. There were so many things I wanted to try. I eventually settled on Green Curry Soup with shrimp. It had egg noodles instead of rice noodles. Honestly, I didn't particularly care about the soup. The noodles were too dense and long; it was hard to eat them unless you slurped them. Nothing else about the soup was very flavorful, either.

Cashew got a dish that was supposed to resemble a bird's nest. I don't remember the exact name, sorry... I just remember it came with crispy noodles, and had everything else spooned on top. I think Cashew did like her dish. Her only complain was that there was too much filling on top and you couldn't clearly distinguish the next shape. Our other friends got pho soup and green curry with chicken and broccoli.

Even though we were all pretty stuffed after the dinner, we decided to get dessert. Missing the warm weather, three of us got ice cream: cinnamon flavor (Cashew), coconut flavor (me) and green tea flavor. Our other friend tried the coconut cake. The consensus on the table was that the cake was the best dessert. It was so light and fluffy with the perfect smooth cream between the layers. I also loved my coconut ice cream. The green tea ice cream tasted just like green tea, which is great if you love that flavor (which I don't, but my friend does). The cinnamon ice cream had a strong cinnamon flavor which was too overpowering, so no one enjoyed it too much... Poor cashew... And to top it all, the serving size were HUGE! Three scoops! At that point I was glad for the filling dinner because I was able to eat only half the ice cream, haha!

1 comment:

  1. maybe you can mail me some soup next :)

    pumpkin

    ReplyDelete