Sunday, May 29, 2011

Persistence pays off

Last time MissChris and I tried to go to Ria's Bluebird for brunch, we ended up going somewhere else because of the long wait. Well, we gave up that one time, but we were determined to go back and we did. This time we went on a non-holiday weekend at 10 am and had no problem in getting a table. It turns out that there are more tables around the corner of the main dining room. Those tables are set up on a covered patio that includes a little fountain!!! The patio itself is set with slated stone, so it's really pretty. By the way, the cover was really appreciated on that hot Atlanta day when the humidity was already oppressive at 10 am.

The menu of Ria's is not very extensive, but it offers a good variety" from Mexican breakfast classics like huevos to granola to pancakes. I ordered the daily special omelet with cremini mushrooms and Gruyere cheese. The omelet was nice and cheesy, but the cheese wasn't overpowering. I would usually like this, but in this case I was wishing I had more of the Gruyere  because I love it so much :) Overall, I can't say anything else negative about the omelet. On the flip side, I don't have outstanding praises for it either. The omelet came with a yummy toasted biscuit, ham, and a sweet potato cake. I have nothing to say about the ham except that it tasted like ham... The sweet potato cake, however, was pretty good. It had nutmeg in it, so I got a nice feeling of the Christmas season during the hot summer :)

A friend of mine who had been to Ria's before recommended the buttermilk pancakes with caramelized bananas. That's what MissChris ordered for her breakfast. I was really curious to try them, so I placed an order to go. They made for a great lunch later that day. They were light and fluffy. However, I wasn't that impressed with the bananas, so I wished I hadn't spent the money to have them as an add on.

1 comment:

  1. Hm, that plate looks worse than the food i had in Canada

    -Pumpkin

    ReplyDelete