Monday, February 28, 2011

Comfort food

There are days when all you crave is some delicious fried food... I had one of those about a week ago. It was a Tuesday, but Cashew and I decided to go get dinner at a place called The Nook. It's right next to Piedmont Park, and I guess they're famous for ginormous drinks... (Huh, my spell check is not flagging "ginormous," must be a real word now.) Well, we didn't feel like trying them. All we wanted were the Coca Cola hot wings :) I don't think the wings actually tasted like Coke, but they were insanely good! They had a very deep flavor that was very different from all other hot wings I've tried.

Because it's me and Cashew after all, the wings weren't going to be enough to fill us. So, we also ordered a side-sized version of the brisket tater tots and a full version of the Asian salad with fried chicken. The tots were so cheesy and oh-so-good :) The salad was also great. We ate it last, and that felt right for some reason. I did enjoy the freshness of the spinach after a greasy fiesta. The dressing was also quite refreshing after the heavy tater tots. Plus, we got our daily serving of veggies with that salad; let's just ignore the unhealthiness of the rest of the dinner :P

No comments:

Post a Comment