Monday, February 28, 2011

Wine and cheese

One Friday afternoon Cashew and I were hanging around Atlantic Station. All the stored started closing, but we weren't feeling like going home yet. Instead, we decided to try The Grape, a restaurant with a good wine selection. After taking some time to pick out a glass of wine (and enjoying free samples in the meantime), I chose a glass of white wine and Cashew decided on a sweet rose champagne. We had already had dinner, so we didn't want to order a full meal. As a result, we decided to try some of the appetizers that the menu suggested to pair with wine. I guess we were in a truffle mood because we settled on Cypress Grove truffle tremor cheese and Truffle mousse pate. The cheese was really nice and creamy. The pate looked like it was homemade (not the pink canned stuff, which is still tasty, though!). The came with a simple French bread and whole grain crackers. I liked how the bread and crackers had very subtle flavor on their own and didn't overpower the cheese and pate. To me, that's the perfect pairing. If the bread or crackers are flavored, they should be eaten by themselves.

The regular dinner menu had some interesting offerings that attracted my attention. I'm curious to try them, so I'll be going back. In other words, expect another post from The Grape.

1 comment:

  1. Pictures are too dark. Can you brighten them?

    ReplyDelete