Friday, February 11, 2011

Farm-fresh

Well, this post is way overdue... Good thing the food was memorable, so I can afford to write about it late.

More than a week ago Cashew and I decided to try an organic burger place in Decatur called Farm Burger. That's a cool concept. I usually think of burgers as a guilty pleasure, but they don't seem as bad when they're organic :) And yes, they're a little healthier...

Farm Burger is a small place and they don't have too many menu options, but I assume that means that everything they offer is great. Both Cashew and I got the Original burger (#1 on the menu). We also shared the FB fries (with garlic, herbs, and parmesan). The burger was the right size (not huge), had the right amount of moisture and was overall really tasty. Nothing fancy, but tasty. No crazy toppings or sauces. Only meat, caramelized onions and melted cheese. My only complaint is that the meat could have been a little "smokier," for example by adding some cumin to it... By the way, the fries were amazing as well!

Overall, I loved the place. Can't wait to try more things!

1 comment:

  1. If you want to try another organic place, try the Brookhaven Bistro (it's right accross from the gas station on Peachtree and next to the nuts and berries store) I tried it once and it was good. They had good fish items and I thought that they were reasonably priced and also served big portions.

    ReplyDelete